Cardno GS is seeking Archaeological Field Technicians for work in the Mogollon Rim region of Arizona. Pay rates vary depending on level of experience, but typically begin at $15 an hour. Per-diem rate is $65 per day; lodging is not included. Work locations are remote without amenities. A base camp will be set up near the survey location, and employees will be encouraged to camp at or near the base camp.
Essential duties will consist of but are not limited to:
• Work in the field under the supervision of the Field Directors in the performance of archaeological fieldwork
• Conduct archaeological survey in rough terrain
• Document field methods and results using field forms, digital photography, and sketches
• Contribute to team efforts during cultural resources field work
• Take initiative, resolving problems, and creating improved procedures to assure tasks are completed in the most effective manner
• Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units (knowledge of TerraSync is a plus)
The minimum requirements for this position are:
• Excellent physical fitness, including the ability to walk up to 15 miles a day in rough and uneven terrain and transport up to 35 pounds of gear
• A Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related field and at least on archaeological field school experience
• At least 36 months of experience in fieldwork, in the American Southwest, in the study of archaeological resources
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
• The employee regularly is required to walk, sit, talk, and hear
• The employee is regularly required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds as well as have the ability to transport up to 35 pounds of gear while walking up to 15 miles per day
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
Local candidates and candidates with experience conducting surveys in the Southwestern United States are strongly preferred.
TO APPLY: click the link below and submit your application along with a resume attachment: